Recommended background reading:
1. Downing , J. and Husband, C. (2005). Representing 'Race'. London Sage.
2. Cottle,C (2000). Ethnic minorities and the Media. Buckingham: Open University Press.
3. EUMC (2002) Racism and Cultural Diversity in the Mass Media. Vienna: European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia
4. Georgiou, M (2006) Diaspora, Identity and the Media. Cresskill New Jersey The Hampton Press
5). Bailey, O.G. et al ( 2007) Transnational Lives and the Media Basingstole Palgrave
6. Cottle, S. (1997) Television and Ethnic Minorities: Producers' Perspectives. Aldershot: Avebury
7. Browne, D.R. (2005) Ethnic Minorities, Electronic Media and the Public Sphere. Cresskill NJ: Hampton Press
8. Chritcher, C. ( 2006) Moral Panics and the Media Maidenhead Open University Press
9. Husband, C and Alam, Y (2011) Social Cohesion and Counter-Terrorism: A contradiction? Bristol Policy Press
10. Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies Vol. 31, No. 3 May 2005 special issue: ‘Media and Minorities in Multicultural Europe'.