The course expands and deepens language skills in a varied manner.
After completing the course, students will be able to
• understand clear everyday speech and the central content of fairly easy texts, such as notifications and short news stories
• produce coherent text and talk about familiar everyday topics
• express their opinion on topics close to their personal sphere
• keep up uncomplicated conversation by using phrases and routine expressions
• identify differences and similarities between their own culture and that of German-speaking countries
Themes include everyday situations, working life, multiculturalism, wellbeing, Berlin and familiarity with German-speaking countries.
As regards grammar, the course focuses, for example, on reflexive verbs, using the “zu” particle, subordinate clauses, past tense, adjective declination, ordinal numbers and, when necessary, refreshers on prior grammar themes. During the course, students will practise everyday communication in small groups and pairs. Listening, reading, grammatical constructs and writing exercises.