Students of all programmes and faculties, students in the flexible study rights scheme (JOO), international students.
After KK-KII101 Elementary Chinese 3 (2cr).
After completing the course, students are expected to be able to:
1. Understand normal, clear speech and longer texts.
2. Learn about 600 Chinese words.
3. Communicate with people using a variety of vocabulary and key structures.
4. Learn around 400 Chinese characters and its structures.
5. Use the fundamental grammars and structures mentioned below.
This is a contact learning course with 28 hours of contact teaching and about 53 hours of independent work. To complete the course at least 75% active participation in the course and completion of the agreed tasks by the deadline is required.
Starting level approximately CEFR A1. Have completed KK-KII101 Elementary Chinese 3 or equivalent studies of 74 hours. If you are uncertain about your CEFR level, contact the teacher before signing up.
Listening: long normal speed statements and dialogues
Reading: short text
- complicated comparative sentences
- “ba” sentences
- adverbs “cai and jiu”
- compound complement of direction
- flexible use of interrogative pronouns, such as “shenme, nar”
- complex complements of state
- extension of the complements of direction
- “bei” sentence (passive voice)
|Study materials and literature
HSK Standard Course 3, textbook+workbook. Jiang Liping, 2014, 2nd edition, ISBN 978-7-5619-3815-7.
The books can be bought at the Confucius Institute at the beginning of the course.
|Assessment practices and criteria
Assessment is based on the aspects mentioned under the course learning outcomes and consists of assignments, participation and performance in classroom activities, presentation and the final exam.
The course is graded as pass/fail.
Language Centre Chinese courses are offered in cooperation with the Confucius Institute at the University of Helsinki.
|Relations to other study units
After completion of this course, students can continue with KK-KII201 Intermediate Chinese 1 (2cr).