Students of all programmes and faculties, students in the flexible study rights scheme (JOO), international students.
After KK-KII002 Elementary Chinese 2 (3cr).
After completing the course, students are expected to be able to:
1. Understand slow-to-normal clear speech and longer texts.
2. Learn about 400 Chinese words.
3. Communicate with people using a relative variety of vocabulary and structures.
4. Learn around 300 Chinese characters and its structures.
5. Use structures featuring grammars points mentioned below.
This is a contact learning course with 28 hours of contact teaching and 26 hours of independent work. To complete the course at least 75% active participation in the course and completion of the agreed tasks by the deadline is required.
Starting level approximately CEFR A1. Having completed KK-KII002 Elementary Chinese 2 or equivalent studies. If you are uncertain about your CEFR level, contact the teacher before signing up.
Listening: slow to normal statements and dialogues
Topics: seeing doctor, shopping online, celebrating holidays, fitness training, etc.
- aspect particles “zhe” and “guo”
- complement of frequency
- “le” to indicate something is going to happen
- complement of direction
- “le” to indicate a change
- complement of possibility
- adverb you and “zai”
- comparative sentence using “yiyang”
|Study materials and literature
HSK Standard Course 3, textbook+workbook Jiang Liping, 2014, 2nd edition, ISBN 978-7-5619-3815-7.
The books can be bought at the Confucius Institute at the beginning of the course.
|Assessment practices and criteria
Assessment is based on the aspects mentioned under the course learning outcomes and consists of assignments, participation and performance in classroom activities, presentation and the final exam.
The course is graded as pass/fail.
Language Centre Chinese courses are offered in cooperation with the Confucius Institute at the University of Helsinki.
|Relations to other study units
After completion of this course, students can continue with KK-KII102 Elementary Chinese 4 (3cr).