Students of all programmes and faculties, students in the flexible study rights scheme (JOO), international students.
After completing KK-KII001 Elementary Chinese 1 (2 cr).
After completing the course, students are expected to be able to:
1. understand very slow, clear speech and simple texts,
2. learn about 240 Chinese words,
3. communicate with people using basic vocabulary and structures, on topics like travel, ordering food and drinks, buying things, commenting etc.
4. learn around 200 Chinese characters and its structures.
5. use structures featuring grammars and structures mentioned below.
KK-KII001 Elementary Chinese 1 (2 cr) or equivalent studies of 28 hours. If you are uncertain about your CEFR level, contact the teacher before signing up.
Listening: short, slow statements and dialogues
Topics: describing locations, daily schedule, ordering, buying gifts, and doing sports, traffic.
- adverb “jiu, hai, zhen, zui, yijing, zai”
- reduplication of verbs
- particle “le” indicating occurrence or completion
- comparative sentence using “bi”
- complements of result
- complement of state degree
- emphasis structure “shi…de”
|Study materials and literature
HSK Standard Course 2, textbook+workbook Jiang Liping, 2014, 2nd edition, ISBN 978-7-5619-3726-6
The books can be bought at the Confucius Institute at the beginning of the course.
|Assessment practices and criteria
Assessment is based on the aspects mentioned under the course learning outcomes and consists of assignments, participation and performance in classroom activities, presentation and the final exam.
The course is graded as pass/fail.
Language Centre Chinese courses are offered in cooperation with the Confucius Institute at the University of Helsinki.
|Relations to other study units
After completion of this course, students can continue with KK-KII101 Elementary Chinese 3.