Students of all faculties, students with a JOO flexible study right
Contact teaching once a week.
After completing the course, students will
- Have expanded their vocabulary
- Have advanced their familiarity with different areas of language skills
- Have reviewed previously acquired language skills
Starting level CEFR A2 (PDF). Intermediate Italian 2 at the Language Centre or corresponding skills, upper secondary school courses 1–6.
- Verb conjugation and vocabulary (relative pronouns (il/la quale, i/le quali)), adjective positions, gerunds, passive voice (essere/venire + past participle, passato remoto, present conjunctive, present perfect, past infinitive, conditional compound phrases, si passive + adjectives and reflexive verbs)
- Topics include art, the history of Italy, Italian cinema, the environment and environmental protection, Italian nature and various text types.
|Study materials and literature
The textbook Italiano per passione by Ciro Imperato, Katri Kuusela and Sari Meurman, Finn Lecture (chapters 1–5).
Moodle course area.
|Activities and teaching methods in support of learning
Group/pair work; communicative approach
|Assessment practices and criteria
Assessment is based on regular and active attendance in contact teaching as well as on online and pair/groupwork and a mid-term and final examination.
- 28 hours of contact teaching, 14 hours of online study and 38 hours of independent study
- Assignments completed in the agreed time
- Compulsory attendance (at least 75%)
Further information from the teacher by email: firstname.lastname@example.org