Students of all faculties, students with a JOO flexible study right, international students
After completing the course, students will be able to
• communicate in situations requiring proficiency level A2, including being able to tell about themselves and their sphere of life, talk about their studies and work, and express their interests and opinions
• understand simple factual texts related to their field of studies or interests
• present information to others in a clear manner
• understand Russian society and culture, as well as take characteristics of Russian culture into consideration when communicating.
Students will also have attained communication skills required in their professional lives, as well as an ability to understand and evaluate information from various sources
The course includes 36 hours of contact teaching (minimum attendance 75%) and 45 hours of independent work.
Initial level: A2. Intermediate Russian 2 or corresponding studies, approximately 16 cr
If unsure of your skill level, please contact the course teacher or the tutor for Russian during their office hours or the academic affairs office of the Language Centre before registration.
• Practice in describing oneself, one’s home region, studies and work, as well as vocabulary related to these themes
• Short written and oral presentations on, for example, society, history and culture in accordance with students’ fields of studies or interests, as well as vocabulary related to these themes
• Giving a short prepared presentation
|Study materials and literature
Общаемся по-русски! 2 hand-outs (in electronic form, available through the Moodle platform), other e-material, short newspaper texts and other authentic texts
|Activities and teaching methods in support of learning
The emphasis in contact teaching is on oral communication. A large share of coursework will be completed in pairs or small groups, in addition to which students will introduce subjects for discussion, conduct interviews and complete other oral assignments. Independent work focuses particularly on understanding and written communication.
|Assessment practices and criteria
Continuous assessment focused on the learning outcomes, which takes into consideration active participation in coursework, various oral and written course assignments, presentations prepared by students and a brief learning journal.